Sunday 13 October 2013

To Do List

  • Over the first year I experimented with lots of different processes and discovered the ones which worked well for me and which ones I did not enjoy. After attending the sessions about grid and layout I have found that I really enjoy editorial design. I would like to expand on my editorial skills but specifically my binding skills. Having spent two days in a studio helping out with the making of 500 brochures I have been introduced to a new way of binding and the machinery used in the industry and feel that I could become very skilled at it.
  • I am particularly looking forward to learning the fundamentals of web design and how to build a successful online presence. Having spent the first year experimenting with digital design, which is something I was not able to do on my previous course, I have discovered that I much prefer to produce digital designs rather than hand rendered. 
  • Over the second year I want to further my skills on the software I have been introduced to as well as some other programmes such as fontographer. I think that I could become quite interested in building fonts and typefaces. 
  •  I would like to improve on my photography skills as I have very basic knowledge of cameras and lighting. As I like editorial design I think that photography could become a hobby of mine alongside design. In order to do this I will have to attend workshops and help myself to learn about the process and how to apply it to my designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment